- Real GDP quarter/quarter, seasonally adjusted, annualized +0.8%. Previous was +0.5%
- GDP price index quarter/quarter, seasonally adjusted, annualized +0.6%. Previous was +0.7%
- Real Final Sales of Domestic Products +1.02%.
Commercial Investment, Inventories and Exports were all down.
While this is improved from the first estimate it is still weak. If you are predisposed to believe that all is well take consolation in the fact that 1stQ GDP has been weak for several years in a row. Household Incomes are up but people are not spending all of that increase but rather increasing their savings rate.
Corporate Profits (1stQ2016)
- After-tax Profits year/year -3.6%. Previous was -3.6%
Consumer Sentiment (May 2016)
- Level 94.7. Previous was 95.8