Durable Goods Orders (September 2016)
- New Orders month/month -0.1%. Previous was +0.3%
- New Orders year/year +1.6%. Previous was -1.0%
- Ex-transportation month/month +0.2%. Previous was +0.1%
- Ex-transportation year/year +0.0%. Previous was -0.7%
- Core capital goods month/month -1.2%. Previous was +1.2%
- Core capital goods year/year -4.1%. Previous was -2.6%
While mixed this report is overall an indication of a flat economy and hardly surprising.
Initial Jobless Claims (week ended 10/22/1016)
- New Claims seasonally adjusted 258,000. Previous was 261,000
- New Claims unadjusted, totaled 236,045 an increase of 2,389 from previous
- 4-week Moving Average 253,000. Previous was 252,000
Pending Home Sales Index (September 2016)
- Pending Home Sales Index month/month +1.5%. Previous was -2.5%
This is from The National Association of Realtors and is a leading indicator of Existing Home Sales.