GDP 3rdQ2014 First Estimate
- Real GDP quarter/quarter seasonally adjusted/annualized 3.5%. Previous quarter was +4.6%
- GDP price index quarter/quarter seasonally adjusted/annualized. +1.3%. Previous quarter was +2.1%
This initial estimate has only 2 of 3 months data for all but the consumer spending and usually sees large adjustments. 3.5% growth is good but still a bit less than what we need to generate the money government spends.
Jobless Claims (week ended 10/25/2014)
- New Claims (seasonally adjusted) 287,000. Previous was 284,000
- New Claims unadjusted were 270,238 an increase of 14,187 from the previous week
- 4-week Moving Average 281,000. Previous was 281,250.