Personal Income and Outlays (August 2016)
- Personal Income month/month +0.2%. Previous was +0.4%
- Consumer Spending month/month +0.0%. Previous was +0.4%
- PCE Price Index month/month +0.1%. Previous was +0.0%
- Core PCE price index month/month +0.2%. Previous was +0.1%
- PCE Price Index year/year +1.0%. Previous was +0.8%
- Core PCE price index year/year +1.7%. Previous was +1.6%
Slow income growth + dead flat spending is not indicative of a healthy economy.
Chicago PMI (September 2016)
- Business Barometer Index 54.2. Previous was 51.5.
Consumer Sentiment (September 2016)
- Sentiment Index 91.2. Previous was 89.8.
The is the University of Michigan Sentiment Index. This is supposed to measure Consumer Spending in the next 3-6 months.