Personal Income and Outlays (September 2016)
- Personal Income month/month +0.3%. Previous was +0.2%
- Consumer Spending month/month +0.5%. Previous was -0.1%
- PCE Price Index month/month +0.2%. Previous was +0.2%
- Core PCE price index month/month % +0.1%. Previous was +0.2%
- PCE Price Index year/year +1.2%. Previous was +1.0%
- Core PCE price index year/year +1.7%. Previous was +1.7%
Consumer Spending was stronger in September after a weak August. Core PCE is still under 2%. This is a measure of inflation which emphasized the consumer. This report is compiled by the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
Chicago PMI (October 2016)
- Business Barometer Index 50.6. Previous was 54.2.
This is a supply side metric of business in the Chicago area.
Dallas Fed Manufacturing Survey (September 2016)
- Production Index 6.7. Previous was 16.7
- General Activity Index -1.5. Previous was -3.7