Personal Income and Outlays (May 2018)
- Personal Income month/month 0.4%. Previous was +0.2%
- Consumer Spending month/month 0.2%. Previous was +0.5%
- PCE Price Index month/month 0.2%. Previous was +0.2%
- Core PCE price index month/month 0.2%. Previous was +0.2%
- PCE Price Index year/year 2.3%. Previous was +2.0%
- Core PCE price index year/year 2.0%. Previous was +1.8%
This reports says "not everything moving in the same direction." Inflation, measured by the Core PCE price index, is precisely where the Fed want is to be. Income gains were up. Spending gains were down.
Chicago PMI (June 2018)
- Business Barometer Index 64.1. Previous was 62.7
Consumer Sentiment (June 2018)
- Sentiment Index 98.2. Previous was 99.3
This is the University of Michigan survey index. It is supposed to forecast consumer spending in the next few months.